*Informativa sulla Privacy*
The new website, results from the collaboration of two historic companies of the Italian book scene:
the Nardecchia bookdealers
What we offer...to booksellers:
What we offer...to readers:
Nardecchia's history :
The Bookshop was founded by ATTILIO NARDECCHIA (1867 - 1961) at the beginning of 1895. Certainly onr the oldest roman bookshops, it was originally located in the beautiful building of the Carpegna family designed by RAFFAELLO and today's seat of the Senate House.
In 1921 Nardecchia moved to Piazza Cavour, the most well known seat of the company, and was sold from Attilio to the German book-sellers Walter Regenberg e Ernest Immelen.
The enormous patrimony of books collected by Attilio, who dedicated himself particularly to private book auctions and to the mammoth sales of the duplicates of the National Library "Vittorio Emanuele", was transferred to the new german owners who gave the bookshop a new character. Thanks to the good relationships and contacts between Walter Regenberg and foreign Librarians, the bookshop developed as the commission agent vendor for many well known and distinguished foreign institutions. This activity has led to the increment in the number of italian periodicals and services available to many important University Libraries particularly in the USA and was continued first by Immelen's grandson Gunter G. Kluge : director of Nardecchia from 1968 to 1996, and then by his son Richard L. Kluge director in office since 1996. In 1988 Richard started renovating The Bookstore's management systems to keep pace with the technical changes of the Italian and foreign bookmarket. Since 1997, Libreria Nardecchia started offering new services to libraries, publishers and private clients through the Internet; combining the Nardecchia 100 years knowledge in books and periodicals and its attention to personal service with the latest advances in computer technology.
Through the Internet and this new B2B portal, Nardecchia's distribution services and complete catalogue of 150 publishers will now be available to booksellers and librarians worldwide.
History of "Erre Libri" :
The Erre Libri is the oldest wholesale company in Rome..
Established in 1946 with the name "Attilio Rocchi-Rappresentanze Editoriali", during this period has been promoting and distributing very well known and distinguished Italian publishers like : Baldini & Castoldi, Martello, Boringhieri, Pirola and many others.
In 1984, after the death of the founder, the company changed name into "Erre Libri", which is still the name used today. At the present time, Erre Libri is a distributor for over 100 publishers who will now be available on the Liberdomus catalogue together with Nardecchia's publishers with the goal to reach booksellers and readers throughout the country.
Director of the firm is Mr. Marco Rocchi, already Manager of Laterza Publisher from Bari (1962-1971) and later Sales Manager of Editori Riuniti in Rome (1972-1983).
For more information, please refer to the General Conditions & Terms page.
catalogue | advanced search | register
| account | about Liberdomus.it | help | contacts | carts | offers | gifts | liberm@il Newsletter | terms & conditions | pick @ bookshop
| business services | services to libraries | links